XL Recordings is a worldwide acclaimed record label, home of Adele, Thom Yorke, The Prodigy, Damon Albarn and more.
Jamie Smith, better known by his stage name Jamie xx, is an English record producer, remixer and DJ who is known both as a solo act and as a member of the London-based band The xx. He has been recognised with a 2016 Grammy Award nomination in the Best Dance/Electronic Album category for his album "In Colour".
XL Recordings' Creative Director Phil Lee approached us to make CD packaging for Jamie xx, based on previous xx packaging. Phil wanted to create a colourful artwork with a die cut slot that was an extension of the previous designs and a unique staggered page structure to the booklet which demanded a non stand print process to achieve the client's budget.
Products & Services
4pp CD Digipack, 16 page CD booklet with staggered pages.
- CAD samples for the CD Digipack to show die cut.
- CAD samples for 16 page CD booklet to show staggered pages.
- Digital Proofs of both the booklet and digipack for approval.
- We passed this job on press to make sure the colours were correct and to their specification at time of printing using a 6 colour roller fed litho offset print press.
- 4pp Digipack 4/0 litho offset print with clear tray and pocket with a thumb cut to the spine printed on 455mcn white backed board with a matt machine varnish and die cut to front cover.
- 16pp Booklet with staggered pages 4/4 printed roller fed litho offset print on 150gsm standard gloss art paper.