Turning Everything Green
Sustainable Printing from ThinkTank
There’s no doubt about it: we all have to pitch in to rescue our environment. And considering print has never been the cleanest of industries, companies like ThinkTank need to make a special effort. So we are.
We’ve got a new service, Neutral Thinking, which offers sustainable solutions for print, packaging and promotions. And we’ve also been working hard to reduce our own impact. Just look at all this:
• We get our electricity from splendid, wind-powered Ecotricity.
• We use Paper Round to collect and recycle our waste paper.
• We proudly have our ISO14001 accreditation, now added to our environmental credentials. (Part of this was about how we use transport, so full marks to Lex for cycling to work in all weathers!)
• We use FSC papers wherever possible and required.
• We offer soya or vegetable-based inks.
• We wash the presses down with alcohol-free solution.
• We recycle all our inks and plates.
• We’re encouraging our suppliers to get ISO 14001 too, so we’re
all pulling together.
• We use several carbon neutral suppliers, and can offset emissions through the Carbon Neutral Company.
• We’re at every Julie’s Bicycle event. (This is the music industry’s emission-cutting organisation, which helps us find greener packaging ideas.)
• We’re in constant touch with promotional trade bodies to keep up with green initiatives in sales promotion.